There is no doubt about our dogs’ devotion and affection for their owners, and while the current story is heartbreaking, this devoted dog was a hero; he offered his life to rescue his family!
It happened in Merauke, Indonesia, when Achy Wijaya awakened in the morning to discover his dog practically dying in their yard. Achy had overheard him barking the night before.
According to NtdNews, Achy was distraught to find that his dog had been poisoned on purpose:
According to the tragic facts acquired, the family said they were sleeping when a band of robbers prepared to plunder their home…
Their dog began barking madly, but no one stopped to look because they believed the dog had discovered the cat.
The dog abruptly stopped barking, and the next morning it was discovered near death – laying in its own vomit with a taste of froth – suggesting it was deadly…
“We intended to take him to the veterinarian, but we live in Papua, and the doctor normally only deals with cattle.” Furthermore, because it being a Sunday, the vet’s clinic was closed “Achy wrote.
The family tried to help their dog by pushing him to drink milk, oil, and coconut milk, but he grew too frail and died as a result.
And while Achy, sad, lamented the death of his heroic dog who gave his life to rescue his family, he videotaped the dying moments of his brave dog – to commemorate his pet’s life and to warn others to pay attention when their dogs bark!